Sunday, October 21, 2007

2 Addictions

Dear Blog, did you see the questions we got over the last post I sent you? Wondering if all addictions were bad or harmful?
I dont think they are all bad.. but that is my opinion because I have so many of them maybe. One for sure is scrapping supplies - DUH look my profile.
I guess I would say that it depends on how you handle the addictions. I handled one wrong and it turned out bad. It made me learn to handle the addiction instead of letting it handle me.
I have learned onmy addiction on buying paper for my supply is to to take a partial kit and buy paper to match it. Although I just did buy a stack of paper this weekend, but it was Christmas paper and I had to buy $25.00 worth to get my name in a drawing for the BIG Cricut, so it had to be okay to do that. And they dont carry Bazzil paper and only a little BG so that helps too.
Handling the addiction has to make you feel that if you get a little you want a lot, it shouldnt be on your mind 24/7, invading your dreams, invading every thought - that has to be called something else. Maybe I could come up with a new word for it - Controldiction.
So, to answer our Dear Post, NO NO NO NO some addictions are not bad.

This weekend.... I watched a couple of funny movies. I should have watched Road Hogs 1st because it was funny but after watching Knocked Up it wasnt as funny. Knocked Up is not a movie for kids and is a good movie to watch with a man. I kept thinking it was a movie and men REALLY wouldnt act that way. The DF that I watched the movies with told me that YES they are really that way and really think that way. So it just goes to show that they are all still teenage boys at heart. They may think they are grown up and above all that thinking without their brain but I think it is all still there. BUT we are no different. Dont we want them to have a little of that teenage playing in them? Dont we want to feel that we havent lost it ourselves? Dont we want to know that we still have that attraction to make them want to feel like teenage boys?
Questions, on top of questions, and thoughts that can really make you think with your BRAIN.........

Prayers for tonight: Pray that my DGD, who is going to be a teenager, will find that she has "what it takes" to make it in everything she does in the world. Pray that my DYD can remember what it was like as a teenager and want that back. Pray that my DOD can remember what she wanted in her life when she was a teenager and go for it now. Pray that my DMD remembers what she was like as a teenager and passes that on to her teenager. Pray that MFL will remember the teenage years, how it felt to be a Junior, and want it again in the world now no matter who creates those feelings.

1 comment:

Shawnna Samples said...

MOMMY
I TAGGED YOU ON MY BLOG
hope you get a chance to play along