Sunday, September 7, 2008

I am back

This is mostly for me and if anyone else wants to read then that is fine. I definitely am not witty like my daughters or clever like them but it is a tale or maybe a tail.

I have started walking and trying to do three miles a day. It had taken me three weeks to work up that that but finally getting there, until this week.

I am going to post my progress for myself so I can see how I am doing. I have not lost any weight but just the fact that I am doing something and moving something it has to be good.

The first two weeks I only got to just under 35,000 steps, but I wasnt counting miles at that time. Then the next week I got it to 43,000 steps.

I really wanted to boost it up so I started counting miles and that worked better for me. Also I got a walking partner and that was the best move. I will call my walking partner Sheldon to protect his identity, not that it is a secret in our small town.

Sheldon is a great one to walk with. He keeps up the conversation and that makes the time and the steps go so much faster. He has also been good for me because he walks at my pace, or he did for the first week.

The 4th week I got up to three miles a day and one day 4 miles. So I was feeling pretty proud of myself.

Then came this last week. Sheldon and I met for walking and we did our first mile faster than my normal pace. I was glad that he was starting to push me without even saying anything about it. Then the next mile we went back to my pace. The weather didnt cooperate very well for us as it rained so much. Although he did say that he would go walking with me even if it was raining since no one else would.

The came Thursday.. the F-day for me. F as in fall day. I was thinking about my new week coming up while I was walking. My shin splints were bothering me and I was shuffling my feet and not paying attention and DOWN I went. Took a bite out of my palm and tore up my knee. The other hand is bruised and so is the knee. I have bruises on my elbows and the top of one foot. So no more walking for me for a few days.

But I am proud to say that I did get in 51,849 steps last week. And only made the 3 miles a day total at the end because I had two 4 mile days.

So, Dear Blog, I will keep you updated on my progress.
I am grateful that I did not break anything but my pride.
I am grateful that the sun is shining but I would like a nice rain to go walking in as I feel it will be a cleansing walk. I am grateful that I am going to be a MEMO again tonight or tomorrow and that everyone is healthy right now.
I am grateful that I have Sheldon to walk and talk with.

Till next time..

No comments: